Corban Update
So, I just thought I'd update from yesterday's post on Corban's health. He basically coughed all day yesterday and all night last night (and has been all day today) so, after none of us getting much sleep last night, I took him to the doctor this morning. And I'm glad I did! Turns out Corban has an ear infection in one ear and a croupy cough with stridor. According to some paper the doctor gave me, "Croup is usually part of a cold. Swelling of the vocal cords causes hoarseness. Stridor is caused by the opening between the vocal cords becoming more narrow." So we're giving Corban prednisolone for the next 5 days for the stridor (it's a steroid that will relax the vocal cords) and amoxicillin for the next 10 days for the ear infection. He LOVES the amoxicillin (you know, the pink medicine we all loved as kids) and absolutely HATES the prednisolone! I don't blame him. The stuff is sticky and I've heard it tastes awful. Anyway, so that's that. The doctor told us it will get worse before it gets better so keep us in your prayers. We could be in for another few nights of little sleep. Thanks!

2 Comments:
Definately praying for you guys. We're on the upside of Janelle's double ear infection, cold & cough so I can totally relate. I will pray the prayer a friend kindly taught me. ...that every minute of sleep feels like an hour and every hour feels like a full night's rest. Miss you guys. Also praying for your pregnancy and the home remodel - exciting stuff going on for you guys!! Kisses to "Corb" from all of us. :)
2:59 PM
Hey Jess - We've also done the ear infection/croup with stridor thing this winter. Can you guys take turns getting up? Garr was working when our kids had it, so it was all me. You know about the steamy bathroom and if that doesn't work, go outside, right? The steroid was awesome for Daniel and he got better really quick being on it, but he had already been sick for a few days. Hang in there! Love ya, J
6:43 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home