Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Thanksgiving & Hunting Season

We had a great Thanksgiving this year. Both of my brothers and sister-in-law came to visit from Indiana. They got in Tuesday night so we got to spend lots of time with them on Wednesday before the rest of the family arrived for the turkey:)

On Wednesday, we shared our big news with my family- we are pregnant! We're due June 27th:)

Family shot.

Thursday was nice and relaxing. My aunt, uncle, and cousins drove here from Kentucky and my Grandpa and Doris came from Buffalo. And the food was delicious, of course!



Usually, we leave Friday morning for Pennsylvania to spend the weekend and first two days of deer season with Jesse's family but this year was a little different. We made the difficult decision to not take Corban because of his allergies- the hospital is just so far away from where my in-laws live if he had a severe reaction- we're hoping he understands his allergies more next year and will know what to stay away from. At any rate, Jesse drove to PA Friday morning by himself and Corban and I drove the 20 minutes to my parents house to spend Friday and Saturday nights and hang out with Tim, Rach, Dan, and my parents some more. On Sunday morning, I left Corban with my parents and drove to PA to see everyone. I had a great time. When I got there, we told them about our pregnancy and they were super excited! So, yesterday was the first day of deer season. Before I left, Ralph, Garrett, and Renee had all gotten one- yeah, Renee! The above picture is her with her deer. After I left, of course, Jesse got a doe, too! So, we'll have venison in our freezer this year:) He said he took a picture of it so maybe I'll post that later for those of you who love the bloody deer shots. All in all, a great week with family!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jessa said...

Jess - That's awesome! Congratulations! XOXO!

7:52 AM

 
Blogger dawn wilson said...

Congrats!!!! We are a month apart! I hope you are feeling okay. I spent this morning throwing up. Yuck. But I am feeling much better now. I have it easier though because it isn't so bad to be sick at work... I am not running around taking care of Kaylen all day. I always feel so bad when I lay down and rest around her because she will come and ask me if i dont feel good. She just wants to play with me. I can't imagine that all day long!!! Corban is about the cutest thing on earth... I love his shirt!!! So cute!!!

8:00 AM

 
Blogger Sandy Beardsley said...

Oh Jess!!! That's so awesome that you are pregnant again!!! I am super excited for you and Jesse. I've been thinking/hoping/wondering/praying that you and Jesse would be blessed with another child so yeah!!! The timing seems good too given Tim and Rachel expecting as well. Oh your mom and dad have got to be over the moon with your news. Many congrats to you and Jesse. Take Care.

8:09 AM

 
Blogger Josh said...

This is Jess:
Of course I'm so excited for you! Are you having a good pregnancy so far? Sick at all. Hope all is well.

3:31 PM

 
Blogger Susanna Joy said...

I've been thinking it was about time for an announcement! I kept checking your blog thinking... any time now... :) So how many weeks does that make you now? How are you feeling, etc? Same or different from Corban's pregnancy? So, so excited for all of you!!! xoxo

11:07 AM

 
Blogger tony and joy said...

Oh my!!! I have been wondering when the next little Newcomb would come. Yeah!!! I am so happy for you guys.

8:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home