Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sprinkle Cookies- Hallelujah!

So, I just thought I'd share this exciting new recipe I discovered that actually tastes good! It is Corban-friendly- no peanuts, eggs, soy, or milk! If you have a child with food allergies (sorry, if your child has wheat allergies- this won't work for them), I hope you enjoy!

Sprinkle Cookies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix 1 cup sugar, 2 and 1/2 cups flour, 4 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 cup canola oil, 1 tsp. vanilla, and 3 Tbsp. water together. Pour colored sugar or sprinkles into a bowl, shape cookie dough into 24 balls, and let your child help you roll each ball into the sprinkles/sugar. Then place on 2 ungreased cookie sheets (it helps the cookies bake if you flatten the dough out a little once they're on the cookie sheet) and bake 16 minutes. Cool before serving.

If you have allergies, as always, check the ingredients to make sure they're not manufactured in a facility that processes anything you're allergic to (for instance, I've found canola oil that is okay and some that is manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts, which is really bad for Corban).

Hope you enjoy- even if you don't have allergies, these cookies are really good!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kellie said...

I found you on Susanna Joy's blog and wanted to let you know that I also have a son with food allergies. Diary, egg, peanut and all tree nuts and seeds. He grew out of potato. Thanks for the recipe.

We have enjoyed learning vegan recipes for baking. This has been a trip. Have fun and maybe we could share expierences or recipes sometime.

7:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home