The last 2 weeks...
Just thought I'd give an update on the last 2 weeks of our lives in case anyone cares;) On Monday, Sept. 22nd, our week started with Corban being sick. His nose was running like a faucet so we ended up staying home all day, missing Cassidy's birthday party- bummer! The next day, he began wheezing so I took him to the doctor and found out he had bronchiolitis caused by RSV (some respiratory virus) that is highly contagious to other kids- exciting, right?! So, we were quarantined to our house all that week- I was going a little crazy! In addition to being stuck at home, Corban needed to take liquid steroids and do breathing treatments as needed (he needed them every 3 hours on Tuesday- scary!) because of his wheezing. But his breathing got better and he was healthy enough to go to church on Sunday- praise the Lord! I was also able to make it to a wedding shower that Saturday night so it was nice to have a girls night after being stuck at home with a sick kid all week! Last week, was less eventful as far as sickness goes. We got out of the house for story time at the library, kid's gym, morning moms, the museum of play, had friends and family over for dinner, and got a lot done around the house.

This is one of the most exciting events of the last 2 weeks- our neighbors gave us their swing set! One of their sons is in high school and the other one is out of high school so, obviously, they don't play on it anymore. So, Jesse and Adam moved it into our yard Saturday and Corban loves it!

He just needs little help climbing these ladders but I'm sure he'll figure them out soon enough:)

This was one of the house projects I've been working on over the last few weeks- painting! Our shutters were green and in major need of being repainted so we chose a new color for fun: brick red. Above, we painted the trim on the awning and under the side door- I discovered the entire awing really needs to be repainted white now so that's my next project.

I had 9 shutters to paint (Jesse helped me one Saturday while Corban was napping)- a couple of them were so bad that they needed 3 coats of paint! I had to paint our front door and side door since they were also green. But now- knock on wood- I think I'm finally done with the red paint!

This bad boy oil tank was in our basement and gettting rid of it has been on our imaginary list of things to do since we bought the house 4 years ago. Finally on Saturday Jesse and his Dad carried it outside and just this morning, Jesse's parents came back over to put it on their trailer. Now we're rid of it and have lots more room in the basement- yea!

1 Comments:
Yippee yahoo for hand-me-down swingsets. That's how we acquired ours a few years ago and what a blessing it has been!
7:50 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home