Monday, January 05, 2009

Our Weekend

2009 didn't start out too well for Corban. On New Year's Day, we think he ate too much Jell-O at Papa and Grandma's and began throwing up around 11 p.m. (not the best timing when Jesse and I were out until 2 a.m. the night before ringing in the New Year!) Anyway, after getting it all out of his system around 3:30 a.m., we didn't feed him much Friday and Saturday besides bland food and- praise the Lord- no more throwing up! However, his nose began to run a lot on Friday and still is- we've been going through lots of Kleenexes. He also added a cough to the mix all last night- poor kid! I thought about going to the doctor this morning (due to the coughing and constant whining throughout the night) but I think I'll give him another day or two since it's probably just a cold and I'll end up paying a copay for them to tell me my son has a cold. So, pray for Corban if you think of it- he needs to feel better and get a good night's sleep tonight!

The topic of sleep brings me to the other main happening of our weekend: Jesse and I (well, more Jesse than I) began the task of turning our two bedroom house into a three bedroom house.

Our friends Adam and Alicia came over Friday night to begin the project. Step 1: move everything out of Corban's bedroom (downstairs bedroom) into the living room. Step 2: Saturday, Jesse shampooed the carpet in the downstairs bedroom. Step 3: Sunday, Adam and Alicia came over again to move the upstairs furniture into the downstairs bedroom- this now makes the downstairs bedroom Jesse and my room again (it was our room before Corban was born). Then the furniture left piled in the living room was moved upstairs. The main thing left in "our" bedroom is...Corban's crib. That's right, Corban will be sharing a room with us while Jesse turns the upstairs into two rooms...exciting, right?! I know, all parents want to share a room with their 2 year old;) Ah, well. It's only temporary and it's for a good cause:)

Here's a shot of our upstairs bedroom when we bought the house in 2004. The reason this never became Corban's room was because of the rickety, dangerous railing surrounding the stairs.

Here is a shot of the upstairs now- notice the wood for framing the wall and two rolls of insulation- yea!

Another view of the upstairs- drywall on the right!

Here's a shot of the downstairs bedroom when we bought the house.

Here's the downstairs "family bedroom" now:)

Another view of the downstairs bedroom.
Question for those of you who feel like giving me their two cents...we now have a 20 year old queen bed that we don't know what to do with and don't really have the room to store (it was set up in Corban's room the last 2 years...and we can't set it up once the upstairs is done because the box spring won't fit up the stairs). I hate to get rid of it in case we ever move and want it but that day may never come plus it's so old and are we really ever going to have room in a kid's bedroom to give them a queen bed? Anyway, just trying to decide what to do with it. My Grandpa gave it to me so it's a little sentimental but most of the furniture in our house is from him so I have plenty to be sentimental about:) Thoughts?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

MMMM. . . that's a tough one. I always hate the thought of getting rid of beds, because you never know when you'll need another place to sleep. Do you have a garage to store it in, or maybe your parents house?? I'm sure you already thought of all these options, sorry I wasn't much help.

7:08 AM

 
Blogger rec_girl said...

You could give it away to a good cause; then you may feel better about parting with it, even though you'll never see it again. I know a church that is hosting many immigrants with very little.

12:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home