Saturday, February 28, 2009

Lent

I liked what this guy had to say about Lent: http://www.gotquestions.org/what-is-Lent.html

Jesse and I thought these weeks of Lent would be a good a time as any to watch less TV. We have gotten into a really bad habit of turning on the TV at 8 or 8:30 every night and just leaving it on until we go to bed, even if there's "nothing" on. We're not always sitting on the couch watching it but it is still on, nonetheless. So, here are the rules we've set for ourselves through April 11th:

1. No TV Friday through Wednesday
2. Movies are okay 1-2 nights/week
3. TV from 8-10p Thursday nights is okay (we didn't want to give up "The Office" and "30 Rock"!
4. Corban's 30 min. PBS TV show or 30 min. movie/day is still okay- I still have to shower after all and that is the only chance I get!

Obviously, since Lent began on Wednesday, that's when we began enforcing these rules and it's been both tougher and easier than I thought it would be...it's more a matter of reminding myself not to grab the remote once Corban is in bed. Hey, maybe I'll read a few good books instead! (actually, I've been replacing TV with painting the upstairs!) So, what are your thoughts? Do you think you watch too much TV in your household?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home