Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fun Day # 1

Two Sundays ago, Jesse, Corban, and I had our first of two "fun days" together. Jesse and I decided to take a couple of days to spend some quality time together for our summer family vacation but in town instead of driving somewhere.

Because it was Sunday and we skipped church to be together, Jesse got out his guitar and we sang worship songs. Corban really liked the guitar (we haven't had it out in months) and he was singing along with us, too:)

After our church and breakfast, the three of us headed to the zoo. Corban and I have been twice already this year but Jesse hadn't been yet so it was fun to go with Daddy. Here are Corban and Jesse playing on the zoo playground.

A tiger up close!

The baboons were a new exhibit I hadn't seen yet so it was fun to see them- these were baby baboons- so tiny!

Daddy and Corban checking out the baboons.

Corban and Mommy.

More at the zoo playground.

After the zoo, we drove to Charlotte Beach to get some ice cream and walk the pier. On the way, we stopped for some water and coffee. Here's a shot I snapped of Corban while Jesse was inside the store- home church and the zoo really wore Corban out!
After we walked the pier, we could tell it was going to rain so we headed home. We were a little disappointed by the weather because we wanted Corban to experience the sand and the lake and ride the carousel but it was okay. I think it was a long enough day for everyone. We headed home (it rained the whole drive home!) and had a relaxing night together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home