Thursday, June 26, 2008

Two Heart Attacks!

No pictures for this post but I wanted to write about two happenings with our little man that occurred in the last week...

First Happening: Last Wednesday night, Jesse and I had 11 people over for pizza (mostly Jesse's family) and toward the time when everyone started leaving, Corban was coughing a lot. I got close to him to see if he had something in his mouth or what was going on and realized he was having a hard time breathing. Now, of course, he was still running around with his cousin, Hannah, and playing, talking, and having a good time so Jesse and I weren't sure what to do. Finally, after much deliberation we headed to the hospital and they took us right into the ER. They said Corban was having an allergic reaction to something and gave him breathing treatments, benadryl, and steroids. They told me we probably should have used the epi-pen in that situation and called 911- scary! But he is okay now- praise the Lord!

Second Happening: Two days ago, I took a bag of garbage out and Corban climbed down into the entry way to watch me through our screen door. Then I came inside and decided to empty his diaper pail also. Before I headed back outside, I did't put Corban back in the kitchen and shut the door between the kitchen and the entry way like I usually do. I thought it might be okay for him to watch me put that bag of garbage in the big can outside like he'd watched me do with the first one. Then, as I began to walk back to the house, I all of a sudden had a panicky feeling that Corban loves to shut doors and the knob was locked when...SLAM! That's right- my 1 year old son locked me out of the house!! I didn't have anything on me- no keys, no cell phone, nothing! I tried to open the door and then the front door like a mad woman- pulling on them like they would suddenly open and then I ran to my neighbor's house to use her phone to call Jesse and Jesse started driving home. I ran home to talk to Corban through the door and was telling him not to back up! (our basement stairs were right behind him) He was looking at me, smiling and laughing (little stinker!) My neighbor ran over and asked me if we had any open windows I could crawl through- in my panic I hadn't even thought of that- I'm so glad she was there! So, I grabbed a ladder from the garage and crawled through our kitchen window successfully as my neighbor talked to Corban through the door and then held the ladder for me- she REALLY saved the day!!

This parenting thing is just a heart attack waiting to happen, I tell you!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelsey said...

Oh my goodness! Jess that is so scary! I'm so glad you guys are allright...

7:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home