Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Work Day at Our House

Last Saturday was a HUGE work day at our house. Jesse's whole family came over to help us build a fence in our backyard, weed, put mulch and marble rock down, and hang our hammock. It was awesome to get so much done in one day and, as always, fun to hang out with everyone!

Here are Hannah and Corban in our bike trailer. Grandma strapped them in and wheeled them around the yard for fun...they seemed to enjoy it, although this picture doesn't express that too much;)

Grandma with the kids.

Jesse's Mom made him angel food cake for his birthday- yum!

Dad, Jesse, and Ben working on the fence.

Uncle Nate and Corban hanging out (Corban actually sat in his swing drinking his rice milk happily for quite some time just watching the boys build the fence...I think he was just sick of hanging out with all the women).

A work in progress...

My in-laws' dog Moses just chilling behind our garage.

Joy shoveling mulch in the flower bed in front of our house.

Hannah watching Mommy work- I think she is planning her escape in this picture:)

Joanna and Joy taking a break to pose for a picture.

At 6 p.m., Ben's parents, sisters, cousin, niece, and nephew arrived so we could surprise them with a little baby shower. Saturday was the last time our whole family will be together before our new niece or nephew arrives!

Here is Joy demonstrating the power of her birthday gift to Jesse- it's called the Li'l Sucker. It can fit around any cup 5" in diameter or less and suction to any surface (mostly used for huge drinks that won't fit into your car cup holder so you can suction them to your dash instead!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessa said...

Happy Birthday Jesse! Wow - what a productive day! We are trying to grow a garden also - good luck!!

11:33 AM

 
Blogger Susanna Joy said...

I think your rotating work days are absolute GENIUS. Man, I wish I lived near family... or had lived here long enough that I could guilt great friends into it. ;)

6:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home