Busy September!
So, if you're a faithful checker of our blog, you've probably given up on us since I haven't updated it since August. BUT today is the day I get caught up so stay tuned!
Our summer officially ended September 1st when I began babysitting again. This fall, I've been babysitting for 3 families, some weeks Monday through Friday so it has been very busy. Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday, I watch Beckham 10am-1:30pm and Wednesday/Thursday, I watch Malachi and Rinnah 11am-4pm. I was also watching my neighbor's daughter, Morganne Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays 8:15am-5:30pm because her Grandma had back surgery and couldn't lift her for a few weeks but now her Grandma can care for her again so I'm only watching Morganne on Fridays to give her Grandma a break:)
Here are a few cute shots of Corban on September 2nd that my Dad took. Before I started watching Malachi and Rinnah that day, my Dad picked Corban up to take him to a special program the Planetarium was having for 3 & 4 year olds. After the show, they went to the park to eat the lunch I packed them and played on the playground! Corban's been talking about planets ever since:)
Jesse began a project in September that I have been SO thankful for- he built another wall upstairs so now we don't have to walk through Malorie's bedroom to get to Corban's room and we actually have a hallway up there now- it has been wonderful!!! When the kid napping in Corban's room doesn't feel like napping, I no longer have to walk through Malorie's room, waking her up, to check on that kid- great!
Celebrating Beckham's 2nd birthday- we had chocolate cupcakes with blue frosting!
Another busy part of this fall has been "Morning Moms". This is a group I've been a part of since Corban was 6 months old that I LOVE! We meet every Friday during the school year and this year, I'm the Coordinator so that's been an extra responsibility keeping life crazy. Our Fall Kickoff was Sept. 10th and it went great!
One sad thing about the month of September was my Grandpa's passing. He was an amazing man and I miss him! He and my Grandma have lived in Greensboro, North Carolina for many years so I hadn't seen him in a few years but we were able to visit them when Corban was about 7 months old and had a wonderful time. I flew to NC with my parents and Dan Sept. 12th for the viewing and funeral and then flew home Sept. 13th so it was a busy 2 days! Below is a shot of Corban spending some quality time with Daddy while Mommy was away:)
Celebrating Malachi's 3rd birthday- we had a cookie cake with orange frosting- can you tell Corban put the frosting on the cake all by himself?!
Sept. 26th, Jesse left for Chicago for work and he was gone 15 days so that was insane. The first day he was gone, both kids began coughing and ended up with croup that week- great time to be a single parent, right? One night, I gave Malorie a neb treatment to help her breath and it gave her tremors- so scary! I thought there was something really wrong but it turns out that many kids have that reaction to neb treatments- go figure!- it was still really scary to see but everyone is fine and healthy now so we made it through:)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home