Hiking Gray Mountain- # 9!
On Friday, August 27th, we drove to the KOA near Lake Placid, NY for our annual Adirondacks hiking trip. This year's hike was Gray Mountain. Jesse, his Dad, and I think Joy, Nate, and Ben have now climbed 9 of the tallest 10 mountains in the Adirondack Region!
Saturday morning at the trail head. My parents and Dan arrived to the KOA after midnight Friday night and were ready to drive to the trail head with the rest of us at 6:15 A.M. on Saturday! Corban LOVED hiking! He was leading the pack for the first mile before he, my Mom, Dan, and I turned around to meet Joanna, Mom N., Hannah, Lydia, Malorie, and Isaiah at the cars- maybe Corban will be a 46er:) (For those of you that don't know, there are 46 mountains in the Adk's that many people have a goal to climb because they're the tallest ones- there are more than 46 mountains total, though, but some aren't very tall).
Signing the registry book and getting ready to hike!
Uncle Dan and Malorie.
Malorie, Joy, Mom N., Lydia, Corban, and I.

1 Comments:
I think there are more than 46 mountains total in ADK, but the "46'ers" climb all 46 that are above a certain height. I think they are the 46 tallest mountains in ADK.
8:14 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home