Wednesday, July 23, 2008

ER Visit # 2

So, last night was our second trip to the Emergency Room in the last couple of months. Corban broke out in hives during dinner (he had plain squash, ketchup, plain hamburger, a roll, juice and a couple pieces of zucchini that had olive oil, salt, and pepper on them) then this hives went away. On the drive home from my parents' house, Corban began coughing and I was concerned because he coughed a lot the last time he had trouble breathing. Anyway, when we got home, I gave him a bath and got him ready for bed, continuing to listen to his chest, trying to decide if he was okay or not. Finally, it was apparent that he was wheezing so I gave him some Benadryl and Jesse and I decided to take him to the ER. We arrived around 9 p.m. and didn't walk out the door until 1:30 a.m. so it was a long night. Corban was awake the whole time we were there. His allergic reaction wasn't as bad as it was the last time, perhaps because I gave him the Benadryl at home (???) so they only gave him one breathing treatment and then one dose of the Orapred steroid. We did a lot of waiting around and watched the Food Network the whole time while trying to entertain Corban. Fun! Anyway, this week is Vacation Bible School at my church and I'm in charge of the "Baby Beakers" room so Corban and I had to be at church by 8:30 a.m. He's doing much better today and is taking a nap right now. I, unfortunately, stopped drinking caffeine early last week but decided to have a cup of coffee this morning to get through VBS so now I can't nap. Bummer. Oh, well. Guess I'll just have to go to bed early tonight. I take Corban to his pediatrician tomorrow afternoon so we'll see if they decide to do more allergy testing on him or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home