Ugh
Saturday, Oct. 31st: Corban threw up at midnight and had hives/rash on back and neck and threw up a couple more times that night (we assumed it was an allergic reaction to the taco sauce he had for dinner- he didn’t go trick or treating or eat any candy that night). He slept on the floor in our room and we woke up multiple times to check on him (plus the usual for me of getting up to feed Malorie).
Sunday, Nov. 1st: Corban seemed fine for the first 2-3 hours of the day so we took him to church and then he took a long nap that afternoon (hasn’t napped since he turned 3 but he didn't sleep much the night before so we didn’t think it was odd).
Monday, Nov. 2nd: Corban seemed fine so we went to the library and Wegmans. After lunch, he began crying for no apparent reason and seemed a little “barky” and congested. Then he slept 2 hours and I woke him up to make sure he was okay- he was very lethargic and I began to think he had Croup. When Jesse came home from work at 5:30, we took his temperature and he had a fever of 102.5 so we gave him 1.6 mL of acetaminophen. After that, Corban spent 10 min. in the bathroom with the shower running and that seemed to help his breathing. Then we began to read about H1N1 on Web MD, got paranoid, and thought we should call the doctor just to be on the safe side. Corban did seem talkative and less hoarse by 6:15 so we think the steam and acetaminophen helped. We got a 7:45 p.m. appointment at our doctor where they tested him for H1N1 (test was negative!) and diagnosed him with Croup. We put Corban to bed when we got home and gave him a breathing treatment at 10 p.m. before we went to bed.
Tuesday, Nov. 3rd: We were awakened at 1 a.m. to a crying, coughing little boy. He was having so much trouble breathing and was obviously scared. Another breathing treatment followed by a 30 minute struggle to get him to take 1 tsp. of steroids and he slept great. Then Malorie woke up hungry so I fed her and climbed back into bed around 2:30 or 3 a.m. (the time was a little foggy at that point). There was a little bit of whining from both kids between that time and 7 a.m. but it was minimal and everyone was fine (Jesse checked on Corban at least once or twice to be on the safe side). At 7 a.m. I was awakened by Corban crying, coughing, and scared again- so sad:( Another breathing treatment and he was sound asleep. Then Jesse got up to get ready for work and Malorie was hungry again so I fed her. Of course, Malorie was raring to go at this point so I tried to sleep while she made all sorts of noise and was kicking and flailing around on my bed. She did eventually fall asleep and then Corban woke up- of course! By 9 a.m., Malorie was in the exersaucer and Corban and I were sitting at the kitchen table eating oatmeal and o.j. Corban is acting great this morning- he's been watching Clifford while I've been typing. Kids are usually much worse at night with Croup so tonight could be another long one but at least he's doing okay right now!
Be praying for us- these long nights are quite tiring!

1 Comments:
I'm so sorry! Long, sick nights are the worst. I'll be praying it passes quickly.
1:38 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home