Friday, October 02, 2009

It's Over!

The last month of my life has been crazy! I have been working hard coordinating Roberts Wesleyan College's Homecoming & Parents' Weekend for the last 6 months; basically, I've been an event planner.

Well, it all came to fruition last weekend and now the hard part is over!! For the next month, it's my job to create a manual of sorts so future Homecoming Coordinators know what goes into planning the event.

I couldn't have gotten everything done without my mother-in-law's help. Jesse was in Chicago for work September 7-18 so my MIL came 2 weeks in a row- Sept. 8-12 and Sept. 15-17- to watch the kids so I could work. My friends Christy and Janet also came a few times to watch my kids (and theirs) at my house so I could work. And my parents brought us countless meals since I didn't always have time to cook. Praise the Lord for friends and family!

I think the whole weekend went great, despite me being new and not having a ton of time to dedicate to it. The highlight of the weekend for me was the 15 minutes I had "free" on Saturday afternoon- thanks to Sharon who ran to check on the Alumnae Volleyball Pizza Reception for me so I could get a quick break! Corban and I rode the Bungy Trampoline at the same time. Check out http://www.adventuresinclimbing.com/aic_017.htm. While we were riding it, my Dad and Jesse got me an ice cream cone from LuGia's- they have an ice cream truck now (http://lugiasicecream.com/)- so great!- so I got to eat ice cream after our ride. I was so happy to spend the 15 minutes with my family:) Corban also enjoyed a few things without me- a pony ride and jumping around in the bounce house with cousin Hannah. Unfortunately, they missed the clown, parade, face painting, and crafts- bummer! There's always next year!

So thanks to all of you who were praying for me the last 6 months- I definitely felt lifted up!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Bowman Family said...

Okay, I'm glad it is over...Time for you to post some updated pictures of my niece and nephew...

love,

Tim

3:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home