Our Physical Bodies
Malorie will be 1 month old this Sunday, July 19th (yea!) and in the last month, I've endured the many annoyances of our physical bodies.
Of course, the first week after she was born I was pretty sore from having her. Then July 1st I experienced the joys of a painful urinary tract infection. And Saturday began an exciting round of mastitis (an infection where one of the milk ducts gets clogged). I had mastitis when Corban was about Malorie's age, too. And it is no fun, let me tell you! Besides the milk duct being clogged, it also involves flu-like symptoms- being achy all over and a fever. At its worst, my fever reached 104.7 yesterday! Needless to say, we skipped church. I kept going from being freezing to really hot. But- praise the Lord- I am feeling much better today. I started taking the prescription at 9 p.m. Saturday so I think it's been in my system long enough now that it's doing it's job. Good thing, too, because I am on my own with the kids today- don't think I could have been on my own with them yesterday (being delirious with fever and all).
I say all this negative stuff about my physical body to say I'm so glad there is more to life than my health! Mostly in my thoughts are relationships: my relationship with Christ being foremost, He and His Word mean more to me than anything on this earth, my relationship with Jesse- he is so amazing, really took care of me and the kids yesterday, I love him more than any person on this earth, and my relationships with my kids- they are a joy to me every day. Not to mention all of my other relationships with friends and family who are a blessing to me all the time!
Speaking of friends and family being a blessing to me, I have a prayer request from now until September 30th as I continue working at Roberts Wesleyan College. I start back to work today (only working from home until Malorie is 6 weeks old). Then I'll continue working there as I did before she was born- 10 hours a week (6 from home and 4 on campus Wednesday mornings). Just pray that I'm able to get my hours from home in during Corban's nap time as I did before Miss Malorie was born and that I'll do a really good job coordinating RWC's Homecoming and Parents' Weekend this year- thank you for your prayers!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home