Thursday, July 09, 2009

Tuesday

So Tuesday was a little rough. It was a day at home, which has been wonderful for the most part (going out of the house is a little extra work, especially now while I'm recovering from giving birth:) Anyway, the day went pretty well until 2 p.m. Corban was great. I laid him down for his nap like usual and he went right to sleep. Then I remembered we had cake in the fridge so I decided to eat a piece and watch TV for 15 minutes and then take a nap. Well, then on TV was the Michael Jackson Memorial Service live so, of course, I watched it for more than 15 minutes and then I just had to turn it off because I was SO tired so, Malorie and I went into my bedroom (mind you, she had been sleeping for a while at this point) to take a nap. Fellow past and present nursing mothers: you know the feeling of nursing your baby while laying in bed and being totally out of it? You know, you nod off to sleep and then wake yourself up because you don't want to fall asleep while your baby is in bed with you and it is just the worst, restless kind of "sleep" (if you can call it that). That is what happened to me in between lots of crying from Malorie. I changed her, burped her, nursed her. She was just not happy. Then of course you know what happened. She fell asleep at 4:15 and then Corban woke up from his nap. Yea, life with two:) So I gave up, brought both kids into the living room, changed every one's diapers, and made some coffee for Mommy. Boy, did that cup of coffee help! Here are some shots of the kiddos at 5 p.m. Tuesday.

My little cutie- I've been wanting to take a picture of him in this outfit- it belonged to one of my brothers in the 80's! Also, Grandma: I said something about his green overalls being like Corduroy's and he talked about it the rest of the day- he loves that bear!

Malorie taking a nap. I must admit, while my coffee was brewing, I shook my fists in the air at Malorie in her swing and said, "Girl, we are on different schedules!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home