Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Traveling with a Baby

So, we are on our first major trip with Corban this week and it hasn't been too bad. Of course, he is 7 months old now- this would have been much harder a few months ago. We've driven 2 and 1/2 hours to my in-laws' farm several times but this week we're in Michigan (a 7 and 1/2 hour drive that took us 9). The key to traveling with a baby is flexibility- something I didn't possess when Corban was 2 months old- it's been forced upon me. Most of my inflexibility had to do with the whole nursing thing- it is so weird to people who don't have kids or who didn't nurse their kids (I was one of those people pre-baby). I was worried about making people uncomfortable and didn't think I could successfully do it out of the public eye (standing up in a bathroom stall in Olive Garden nursing a baby is not easy!) but now those are worries of the past- a worry-free attitude that came in handy for this trip. I love that Corban and I were able to come to MI with Jesse. He is here for an audio class that he needs to renew his certification. Tuesday and today, we hung out with Jess, Josh, Olivia, Garrett, and Esther so it was great to see them. They live 30 min. from the hotel we're staying at. The last time I'd seen them was IWU's '05 homecoming. Tomorrow, we drive home so hopefully God grants me another dose of flexibility- and energy- since we begin our journey at 5:15 p.m. after Jesse gets done with his class...an estimated arrival time of 1 or 2 Friday morning. And poor Jesse has to work Friday- yuck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home