Thursday, May 24, 2007

30 is only 2 years away, our 5 year anniversary, my first Mother's Day, and Corban's dedication to the Lord

May 13th: My First Mother's Day and Corban's Dedication to the Lord

What a day! We got up early to make sure the car was packed and ready to go for our drive to Grand Rapids and arrived at church by 8:45- an amazing accomplishment for us on a Sunday morning! Corban wore a cute little white tux that my parents bought him for Easter- what a stud! My Grandpa and Doris, parents, in-laws, sisters, brothers (we missed you Tim and Rach!- they were in Israel), niece Hannah, and friends (Todd, Cheryl, Breanne, Adam, and Sarah) were all in attendance for Corban's big day. After church, we headed to my parents' house for brunch and gifts. Then Jesse, Corban, and I were out the door before 2 to start our trek to Grand Rapids. All in all, a memorable and busy first Mother's Day!

Jesse, Corban, and I posing for a shot after the service.

Corban giving Grammy some love.

Corban showing Gramps how he can stand (he also did this in the middle of the service and lost his pants...they were a little big:)

May 11th: Our 5 year wedding anniversary

For our anniversary, my in-laws watched Corban overnight- it was kind of hard and weird for me but I did it! I've never been away from my little guy overnight. Jesse and I stayed at the same local hotel we stayed at the night of our wedding and ate at a great restaurant called Tastings. I got duck and it was really good. It was wonderful to spend so much uninterrupted time with Jesse- he's the best! The 19 hours away from Corban did entail a few pumping sessions which was annoying but worth it to spend the time with Jesse:)

Jesse posing for a picture in our hotel room.

Another shot of our hotel room.

May 9th: I'm 2 Years Away from 30!

So, I'm now 28. I've always been that person who makes fun of other people for being worried about turning 30 but now that it's getting closer, I have to admit, I do think about it more. So much happens in your 20's...finishing up college, starting your first "real" job, getting married, having babies...it's the end of a pretty transitional decade. Anyway, I had a great day, despite 30 being closer. I was home with Corban until 5 and then my Mom came over to babysit so Jesse, Adam, Sarah, and Katie could take me out to dinner at P.F. Chang's. Wonderful food as usual- love those lettuce wraps!
A shot of Mommy and Corban before we headed out to dinner on my birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home