Hawaii Vacation, Day 6!!: Saturday, March 5th
On Saturday my Dad took Corban to Home Depot for their Kids Workshop (if your kid is 4-12, Home Depot does this for free the first Saturday of the month- just check out their website). Anyway, Corban made an orange race car and earned a new pin for his Home Depot apron and he was so excited!
Malorie can often be found "reading" a book to herself and generally, the book is upside down:)
Corban got to play a lot of Mario Kart with Uncle Dan while we were gone!
Gramps and Malorie:)
Saturday was our last day at the Hilton Waikoloa Village (sniff, sniff) so we spent our morning walking around the resort taking pictures, relaxing by one of the pools, and packing.

This is a common thing people do on the Big Island- write things out in white rock all over the black lava rock. The whole drive from the Kona airport to Waikoloa Village, it just looks like "rock graffiti":) Anyway, I think this may have said "J + I" and we just added a couple rocks to make them both J's and take a picture:)

Packing up!


As Jesse was checking out, I walked slowly from our room to the lobby along that beautiful pathway and took some more pictures. This is the Japanese restaurant at the resort. It was so beautiful with the coy pond surrounding it.

And here's a shot of the waterfall that we took pictures of underneath on Thursday night (tram tracks in the front of the picture).

A shot of the resort's beach (not facing the ocean, though, so that seemed a little weird;)

Tram tracks, bridge, and stairs on the backside of the lobby.

Pink flamingos behind glass at the resort. We thought these were fake at first just walking along the pathway then we realized they were real!

This is one of the hot tubs we enjoyed during our stay.

Here's a shot of another pool a the resort. We never went swimming- 1.) because we didn't have a ton of time and 2.) because it was a little cold for us (I know, we're wimps:)

Bridge at the resort.

They had these in the lobby that you could pay a fee to have fly to your arm. They had lots of fun things like this that Corban and Malorie would have loved!

Here's a shot of me on the backside of the lobby.

Another shot of the resort waterfall and beach.

Jesse in front of the waterfall.

Kona International Airport- waiting at our gate- outside!
This is a common thing people do on the Big Island- write things out in white rock all over the black lava rock. The whole drive from the Kona airport to Waikoloa Village, it just looks like "rock graffiti":) Anyway, I think this may have said "J + I" and we just added a couple rocks to make them both J's and take a picture:)
Packing up!
As Jesse was checking out, I walked slowly from our room to the lobby along that beautiful pathway and took some more pictures. This is the Japanese restaurant at the resort. It was so beautiful with the coy pond surrounding it.
And here's a shot of the waterfall that we took pictures of underneath on Thursday night (tram tracks in the front of the picture).
A shot of the resort's beach (not facing the ocean, though, so that seemed a little weird;)
Tram tracks, bridge, and stairs on the backside of the lobby.
Pink flamingos behind glass at the resort. We thought these were fake at first just walking along the pathway then we realized they were real!
This is one of the hot tubs we enjoyed during our stay.
Here's a shot of another pool a the resort. We never went swimming- 1.) because we didn't have a ton of time and 2.) because it was a little cold for us (I know, we're wimps:)
Bridge at the resort.
They had these in the lobby that you could pay a fee to have fly to your arm. They had lots of fun things like this that Corban and Malorie would have loved!
Here's a shot of me on the backside of the lobby.
Another shot of the resort waterfall and beach.
Jesse in front of the waterfall.
We left Waikoloa at 1 p.m. to return our rental car and head to the airport. Unfortunately, our 4 p.m. flight to Honolulu was delayed so we had some time to kill. So we took some pictures, relaxed outside, and ate lunch.
Kona International Airport- waiting at our gate- outside!

1 Comments:
oh my this is so fun to read! I am so excited for you guys! I really wanted to be on that zip line with you guys! Looked like so much fun!!! And I have some Kona Coffee that I have never tried. It came with my Kurig and now I am all excited to go home and taste test! :) Keep the posts coming... I love it!
8:39 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home