Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Missions Weekend at church (November 6-8, 2009)

In Morning Moms a couple weeks ago, we were talking about doing service projects with our kids and all I could think was how difficult it would be for me to take a meal to a shut in or help pack Thanksgiving boxes with Corban and Malorie in tote. I was sharing my thoughts with a fellow mom, Lynn, whose kids are older and she was encouraging me saying, "There's a season for everything." Then when I got home, I had a message from Lynn with an idea of something I could do with Corban: make a cake for the Missions Dinner last Friday night! So, we picked Thailand. We looked it up on the globe and I did a bit of research online about the country. Here's the finished product!

The middle is the flag of Thailand and it is surrounded by lots of yellow frosting and yellow sugar because gold and yellow are colors that you would wrap gifts in, etc. in Thailand. I think Corban did an awesome job for a 3 year old!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Bowman Family said...

what creativity! and I love malorie in the high chair- she looks so cute.

12:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home