Monday, March 10, 2008

Boston Children's Museum

Here are a couple shots from the Boston Children's Museum. I have more to post from the museum so stay tuned! Boston was a pretty good time. Jesse, Corban, and I arrived home safely on Friday night around 7:30. Tuesday was a fairly uneventful day- Corban and I went to Dunkin Donuts, Old Navy, back to the hotel for lunch and a nap, swimming, and then out to dinner with Jesse at Applebee's. Wednesday was the day Corban and I ventured to the Children's Museum. Based on the advice from Jesse's coworkers and my friend Mel, we did not take the T anywhere like I had originally planned. I guess our hotel was in a pretty shady area so it wouldn't have been safe for Corban and I to take the T alone. So...we had to drive...in confusing Boston...ugh! But we made it:) It took me 50 minutes instead of 5 to get to the parking garage near the museum because I kept missing the exits I wanted- I was slightly frustrated;) But the museum was worth it. I'm glad we went. After our trip there, we headed back to the hotel for a nap (only took me 5 minutes on the way back like it was supposed to- yea!) and then my friend Mel met us at our hotel to swim and go out to dinner with Jesse. Wednesday night is when Corban started coughing and Jesse was sick with a cough and cold-like symptoms, too. So, Thursday, Corban and I hung out in the room until 3 p.m. so he could rest and get better (I tried to keep busy online and had PBS on some of the time to keep my sanity). Then we met up with Mel again at a mall, walked around, and went out to dinner. It was great to see her and catch up, especially since Jesse had to work late Thursday night- it was wonderful to have her company! (Mel was one of my college roommates at IWU and has lived in Boston since she graduated in '01). Then Friday Jesse worked some in the morning while I took care of a sick kid and packed and we were out of the hotel by noon. We made a quick stop at Trader Joe's on the way out of Boston for coffee, peanut butter, and wine and Corban (and Jesse) did fairly well on the drive home, despite being sick.

Corban enjoying Johnny's Workbench at the BCM- screwing a plastic screw into the table with a screwdriver- what a big boy!

This was the construction room- Corban loved these black tubes that were all over the room! He kept climbing in them and then I would poke my head through the other side and he would shake and laugh with excitement and start crawling toward me then turn around and do it again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home